Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May Mini-Mission: Refine the Intent of my Heart

What is my intent as I make each choice? 

Is my intent changing to reflect God's will?

Is my intent reflecting love or selfishness?


As I prayerfully considered what my May Mini-mission should be, these scriptures, quotes and experiences came to my mind:


  • 5 Therefore, verily I say unto you, lift up your voices unto this people; aspeak the thoughts that I shall put into your hearts, and you shall not be bconfounded before men;6 For it shall be agiven you in the very hour, yea, in the very moment, what ye shall say.7 But a commandment I give unto you, that ye shall declare whatsoever thing ye adeclare in my name, in solemnity of heart, in the spirit of meekness, in all things." (Doctrine and Covenants 100:5-7)

  • 21 Seek not to declare my word, but first seek to obtain my word, and then shall your tongue be loosed; then, if you desire, you shall have my Spirit and my word, yea, the power of God unto the convincing of men. (Doctrine and Covenants 11:21)


  • The gift of your will is the only gift that is truly yours to give Neal A. Maxwell

  • While attending a musical training conference with Merilee Webb and Sharla Dance, I was taught that if I am a good musician or teacher, but have a sense of selfishness or pride in my heart, then I need to refine my intent and use my gifts only as God would have me use them. The way I teach and perform music was forever changed that day, but my heart started to change as well.  It is no longer about me, but about service.  (see here )

  • "You are asking the wrong question.  The question you should ask is What is Heavenly Father's plan for me?"  Julie B. Beck 2011 BYU Women's Conference
Be Inspired,




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails