Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Wise Women Understand and Support Priesthood Power

I am thankful that I have started to learn more about the importance of the Priesthood in my life.  As a woman, I still have responsibilities to understand and rely on priesthood power.

“We have done very well at distributing the authority of the priesthood. We have priesthood authority planted nearly everywhere. We have quorums of elders and high priests worldwide. But distributing the authority of the priesthood has raced, I think, ahead of distributing the power of the priesthood. The priesthood does not have the strength that it should have and will not have until the power of the priesthood is firmly fixed in the families as it should be.

“The power you receive will depend on what you do with this sacred, unseen gift."

“Your authority comes through your ordination; your power comes through obedience and worthiness. …"

“Power in the priesthood comes from doing your duty in ordinary things: attending meetings, accepting assignments, reading the scriptures, keeping the Word of Wisdom.”
  President Boyd K. Packer

Hmmmmm. Now how do I encourage and support (not nag or control) those characteristics which bring more priesthood power to the men around me?

Be Inspired,

Janelle Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails