Sunday, July 22, 2012

Spiritually Saving: Return and Report my Stewardship

I believe this list of basic guidelines for how we should take care of our visiting teaching stewardship is also how I should take care of my neighbors and friends and especially my family members and then return and report my service and the temporal and spiritual welfare of each person in my prayers to God each day. Then I know I will grow in charity and understanding of how I can serve others and also become a more Christlike person.

How Visiting Teachers Love, Watch Over, and Strengthen a Sister

Pray daily for her and her family.
Seek inspiration to know her and her family.
Visit her regularly to learn how she is doing and to comfort and strengthen her.
Stay in frequent contact through visits, phone calls, letters, e-mail, text messages, and simple acts of kindness.
Greet her at Church meetings.
Help her when she has an emergency, illness, or other urgent need.
Teach her the gospel from the scriptures and the visiting teaching messages.
Inspire her by setting a good example.
Report to a Relief Society leader about their service and the sister’s spiritual and temporal well-being.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails