Friday, July 13, 2012

SuperMom in the Kitchen

Here are some of my favorite recipes this month:

Brown Rice and Beans cooked "Together but Separate" in a pressure cooker.  Two dishes in one and I can still serve them separately if I want to.  It is so easy that way--I don't even need to soak the beans.  It is also very inexpensive.

Gluten, Dairy and Egg Free Gingerbread Waffles I found this recipe when craving a treat at night but trying to be good.  It still has a little sugar but is made with brown rice and tapioca and fresh ginger and can be served with pear sauce so I feel it is at least a fairly healthy alternative.  It is also allergy friendly.

Best Ever Whole Grain Bread and Pizza Crust doesn't work for me to eat right now, since I am trying to stay gluten free, but it is really good to make for my family and is one of the few whole grain homemade bread recipes I have tried that my family also really loves to eat like they would store-bought bread.  I figured out it only costs about 1.80 if you have to buy all the ingredients but if you use items from your storage like I did it only costs pennies a loaf (because I needed to buy butter) so it helps me greatly reduce my food budget by making this bread every other week.


Be Nutritiously Inspired,
Janelle Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails