Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Wise Women Carefully Choose Priorities

I read this poem during naptime after a very busy morning of Dr appts: Morning Glory needed a cast put on her broken thumb and Lady Slipper needed her ears checked (yes, she had an ear infection). I wanted to cry as I read it. It made me think of so many questions I want to continually ask myself in order to choose the right priorities from moment to moment during my usually busy days. It made me think of so many things I want to do better. But it also helped me feel joy in the knowledge that often, my choices do reflect priorities that are the best, though mostly unseen.
I hope that every night I can report to my Father in Heaven in my prayers and say something similar to the words of this poem. If I can, then I believe my priorities are in the right place.

"What did I do Today?"
Today I left some dishes dirty,
The bed got made around 3:30
The Diapers soaked a little longer,
The odor grew a little stronger
The crumbs I spilled the day before
Are staring at me from the floor.
The fingerprints there on the wall
Will likely be there still next fall
The dirty streaks on those windowpanes
Will still be there next time it rains.

Shame on you, you sit and say,
Just what did you do today?
I held a baby till he slept,
I held a toddler while he wept.
I played a game of hide and seek,
I squeezed a toy so it would squeak.
I pulled a wagon, sang a song,
Taught a child right from wrong.
What did I do this whole day through?
Not much that shows, I guess that's true.
Unless you think that what I've done
Might be important to someone,
With dark brown eyes and soft brown hair.
If that is true...I've done my share.
Author Unknown
(I found this poem quoted in
"Cloth Diapers Made Easy" by babyvilleboutique)


Be Inspired,
Janelle Joy 


2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails