Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Truly Tender

I love the talk “The Tender Mercies of the Lord” from the April 2005 General Conference by David A Bednar (of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints). Since I heard that talk, I have thought of many seemingly coincidental occurrences differently. I now see them as the prophet Nephi from “the Book of Mormon” saw them: “But behold, I, Nephi, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance”
(1 Ne. 1:20).

I know that God is our Heavenly Father and we literally are his children and He loves us so much. He blesses us constantly with whatever we need if we just trust Him and ask Him. Even if we do not pray or ask, He blesses us all with sunshine, rain, oxygen, beauty surrounding us and so many other things. Best of all, He blessed all of us by sending His son, Jesus Christ, to save every one of us. I am so thankful for that truly tender mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails