Friday, January 13, 2012

Family Friendly: Fabulous Friday the 13th


  Why I Didn’t Blog Yesterday?

I even had my Thankfully Thinking thought written and saved ready to post yesterday.  Why didn’t I simply post it?  Because of a most wondrous day of doing simple things with my beautiful girls, that’s why!  A few times I felt the pull of the deceptive assertion: “just do something for yourself,” but thankfully the bungee cord wrapping my heart and pulling it toward my family was so much stronger. That cord connected me to the truth that the only real way to do something for myself is to serve God—in whatever capacity he desires me to serve. 

King Benjamin stated one of my favorite scriptures, which my parents helped me to memorize when I was just three years old.  Its message has been engraved into my soul and I hope it continues to be etched even deeper each day I live:   And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn awisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the bservice of your cfellow beings ye are only in the service of your God. (The Book of Mormon AnotherTestament of Jesus Christ, Mosiah 2:17)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails