Saturday, January 14, 2012

I love you Dad! You are my "Captain Moroni."

Dad,

You are my hero!  I have always felt that way.  You remind me of Captain Moroni:

Yea, verily, verily I say unto you, if all men had been, and were, and ever would be, like unto aMoroni, [you] behold, the very powers of hell would have been shaken forever; yea, the bdevil would never have power over the hearts of the children of men. (The Book of Mormon Another Testament of Jesus Christ , Alma 48:17

 I  cannot write "even the hundredth part"  of how I feel about you--but I pray you will understand what I am really trying to say as I express only a few of my feelings toward you: 
  • I know you are a spiritual giant who has an unwavering testimony of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ because you live your life like the stories you told me about my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and how they live.
  • I know you love Mom because I see you unselfishly work to find ways to love and cherish her and put her second, only after God, in your priority list. 
  •  I know you love me  because of  how many hours you laughed with me and listened to me repeat the same things over and over again until I could feel I had finally figured out what I was really trying to say  . . . and for many, many, many other reasons
  • I know you are unselfish because you spent hours sitting in the hallway where I could see you to help me feel better when I was scared at night.
  •  I know you continue  to protect me by your example, counsel and wisdom as you guide me with courage through  the "enemy territory,"  we live in where we are not always appreciated for who we truly are.
  •  I know you are wise because you live with an eternal perspective, which I constantly strive to emulate.
  • I know better how to love and respect my husband (who is another "Captain Moroni" to me) and encourage my daughters to look to him, because my life with you taught me how important the roles of husband and father really are. 
 I suspect you may sometimes feel that you haven't done all you wanted to do for me, but I tell you now that you are my Captain Moroni.   You are the perfect Father for me and I know that because you were chosen for me by my Father in Heaven. If you ever feel that you haven't won a battle, always remember that in the end, you will win the war.  That is what you have always taught me to think of myselfMy greatest goal is to live the way you taught me to live. 

I love you so much Daddy! I will always be,




P S   This talk from last General Conference describes what you have done for me: "Love Her Mother" by Elaine S. Dalton

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails