Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I agree, President Uchtdorf, Creating maximizes my potential.

This quote is on that has made a big impact on my life and changed the way I look at things since I heard it:
"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before.
Everyone can create. You don’t need money, position, or influence in order to create something of substance or beauty" President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

There is a great blog called "imagine cozy" which teaches design elements which you can use to create a space in your home that is beautiful without spending any money by rearranging things you already have in your home. I just went to a presentation given by Angela who is the creator of the site. It was so fun and my daughter, who went with me, learned a lot too and said that "I have new eyes now they are like her eyes! I want to change my bedroom now!" The whole time, I felt the words of the talk above going through my mind. The evening was completed as Angela brought up the same talk.

Check it out here. After all, Angela pointed out, designing a home where your family wants to be is one of the best things you can do. She was even featured in a radio interview which can be accessed from a link on her site.

The very best words came from my dd: "All you need to have a beautiful home is three things: love, beauty and service!" She is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails