Saturday, March 3, 2012

Simply a Supermom: Rebecca of Reb Sumner Photos



I am so blessed to have been friends with Reb for over 13 years.  She has been, and continues to be a supermom for me and for my girls too.  Just being around her encourages more appreciation for all beauty in the simple things around us.  Often she will cry out "Look at that!  Isn't it so beautiful!  I wish I had my camera!"

In college she was part of the dance group where my husband and I became friends (and in fact I may never have married him if she hadn't kept up with him when he moved back with his parents.  They kept in touch and one day she happened to mention that both "Janelle and I have sworn off men"  and surprisingly that comment encouraged him to come back for a visit.  That is when we decided we were more than friends).  She also introduced me to cute country music family songs when she would listen to them as we drove back and forth from our night classes we had together.

She was one of the first to know when I became engaged to my husband.  Even though she was not a professional photographer then, she volunteered to take photos for my Grad-ception Party and my wedding day.  That was my first introduction to digital photography when she gave us the floppy disks with our new digital photos on them.

Now she is a professional photographer for church groups with Life Touch and travels to many different states.  She has continued to take my family pictures whenever we can be in the same area long enough to work it out.  The photos she has taken of my family and of my girls continue to be family favorites used in my scrapbooks, photo books and online.

This month I will be be featuring daily beautiful photos which are just a small sample of the many she has available on her website http://rebsumner.com Thanks for sharing your talents with all of us Reb!!

Be Inspired, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails