Wednesday, March 7, 2012

March Mommy Moments


I will emphasize these things with my girls whenever possible this month:

Prophet:  Brigham Young
Gospel Principle:  "Jesus Christ Created the World for Me"
Song: "My Heavenly Father Loves Me" I love this song! :-)
Scripture Mastery: 2 Nephi 2:27
Scripture Memorize: Alma 37:35: "O, remember, my son, and learn wisdom in thy youth; yea, learn in thy youth to keep the commandments of God"
Scripture Stories: Book of Mormon
Article of Faith: One:  "We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost"

Self-Review: how did I do last month?
February Mommy Moment Plans
Prophet: Joseph Smith 
We finished reading a book about this Prophet--a few pages at a time in the mornings. (I used "the Illustrated Story of President Joseph Smith" by Della Mae Rasmussen).

Gospel Principle: Prayer  I paid more attention to how much effort I put into my prayers myself and continued to help encourage the girls to say their own prayers.  I am thankful we remembered family prayer almost every morning and evening!  I am thankful for the times we remembered couple prayer and want to do even better.

Song: "I Pray in Faith"  I sang this song several times as a lullaby or whenever I thought of it. I used it in nursery music time at church and made up actions to do with the second verse. I was excited whenever my littlest one seemed to recognize it and got a smile on her face.

Scripture Mastery: 2 Nephi 2:27  We did a little more work on this one.

Scripture Memorize: Mosiah 2:22: "If ye do keep his commandments he doth bless you and prosper you"   I especially had fun with this scripture since we worked using these words to work on rhythm and adding sounds to compose two different songs.

Scripture Stories: Book of Mormon
We have almost finished listening to the Book of Mormon Scripture Stories by listening to one on most mornings while getting ready for school.  We made it to episode 32 so far.

Article of Faith: 2
I worked on this one a little bit by composing my own easier melody to the words.  I decided I like that idea and want to start over with number one next month and use that idea with all of them in order.  I think the easier melody I composed (Using Kodaly Level 1 Principles I can easily change the song often)  will help make it easier for my littlest one to learn than the song versions in the Children's Songbook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails