Monday, February 27, 2012

Musical Motivation: Compose a Scripture Song

Music has really enhanced my ability to help my children love the scriptures.  I started out by singing the Article of Faith songs from the Primary Children's Songbook.  One day I was rocking my crying baby as I read my personal scripture study and so I started singing the words I was reading and my baby stopped crying.  That was the beginning of starting to compose my own scripture songs as another way to teach them.

My oldest daughter and I have been working on composing a song for  Mosiah 2: 22, (which is the theme scripture for primary in February).   I decided not to include our version now since it is more advanced composition.  On my music blog I am focusing on applying the Kodaly method of teaching music to children.   For a level one composition lesson, visit here.

Be Inspired,

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails