Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Create a Refined Home #2--Prayer

I believe prayer is the first essential ingredient to refinement and peace. It is also a prerequisite for a truly serene environment and to become a refined individual. I know that prayer is so important because of my own personal experiences of praying, both aloud and in my heart.
Results of my Prayer Tour--Continue with my own personal , couple, family prayers and with prayers before meals. Simple Goal: Remember Family Prayers in the Morning.


Elder Bruce R. McConkie (1915–85) of the
Quorum of the
Twelve Apostles:
“Prayer changes our lives. Through it we
draw near to the
Lord, and he reaches
out his finger and touches us, so
we never again are
the same.

“Prayer is a great tower
of strength, a pillar of unending
righteousness, a mighty force that moves
mountains and saves souls”
(“Patterns
of Prayer,” Ensign, May 1984,
32).

Elder David A. Bednar of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles:
“Meaningful prayer requires both holy communication and consecrated work.
Blessings require some effort on our part before we can obtain them, and prayer,
as ‘a form of work, … is an appointed means for obtaining the highest of all
blessings’ (Bible Dictionary, ‘Prayer,’ 753). We press forward and persevere in
the consecrated work of prayer, after we say ‘amen,’ by acting upon the things
we have expressed to Heavenly Father” (“Ask in Faith,” Liahona and Ensign, May
2008, 95).



And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bask the Father in my name, he will give it you. Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full. John 16: 23-24





Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails