Saturday, February 1, 2014

Simply Undone: My Bedroom

 I got going early in the morning and really hoped to clean up the big pile of stuff left over in my room from displaced Christmas items, returns we needed to make, etc.  I was feeling energetic and actually excited to get the job done and have my room back.  After only a few minutes into my cleaning project, a little voice said "dance with me, mommy."  She was dressed up like Cinderella and had some of her favorite music turned on.  I am ashamed to admit that I kept cleaning for a minute or two. . .I really was limited on time before I needed to leave for work.  But the feeling that little Lady Slipper is much more important than a clean room couldn't escape my heart.  I stopped and danced with my Cinderella.

When I came home after work, the pile was still staring at me and I started in on it again.  Then I heard a little voice behind me:  "Come see my bike Mommy."
 This time I am happy to say I listened to the voice more quickly and went  out to see the bike and ended up playing outside with both my girls for quite a while. I can be taught.

It is two weeks later and that pile is still staring at me in my bedroom every day.  But now it reminds me of two special mommy memories I can never replace in my heart.

What did you leave undone today?

Be Inspired,

Janelle Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails