Tuesday, July 19, 2016

My Favorite Scripture of all Time

2 Nephi 31: 20 Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life (The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ)

At BYU during my first term, my BofM teacher Bro. Somerfeldt asked me to memorize this verse and knowing it completely changed and uplifted my outlook on life. I finally knew that I didn't have to be perfect in this life to live with Heavenly Father again in the next life.  I simply need to feast on his word daily, repent daily, pray to my Father in Heaven, follow my Savior,  listen to the Holy Ghost and never stop trying to be better.

I am so excited thst this same scripture verse is also the theme for the Young Men and Young Women program this whole year

I borrowed Morning Glory's bracelet with the reference and message engraved unto the charms on it yesterday. It felt so good to wear it all day and remember how I felt when thus a rupture first became so meaningful in my life and how much more it means to me today.


Be Inspired,


Janelle Joy 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails