Sunday, July 14, 2013

Musical Motivation: I Got to Sing With Janice Kapp Perry and Marvin Goldstein!

This is an experience I drafted clear back in August 2012, and I loved reading it so much I decided to publish it.  This is a good memory:

The miracle held out and the pain from my sixth miscarriage didn't come back with much intensity until Saturday Morning after the Education week classes ended.  One of the highlights of the week was when I attended a music class in the Harris Fine Arts Center with Janice Kapp Perry and Marvin Goldstein.

The class began with hearing experiences of each of those powerful musicians: composer and pianist.
Then Janice Kapp Perry announced that even though she is 74 years old now and usually has guests come to sing her songs for her, in this one class (she taught several during the week) she had decided to sing her own songs.  Then she sang herself, and led us, as we accompanied her in singing through 6 of her most loved songs, which also happen to be some of my own personal favorites, including "A Child's Prayer."

What an amazing dream come true

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails