Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Wise Women are "Quick to Observe"

Today I was led to look up a Devotional by Elder Bednar that caught my eye last Thursday as I looked through a lesson on spiritual gifts from the new curriculum for the Young Women. (It is interesting how things I noticed on a different occasion often come back to me and prompt me to take a closer look at them now). I was touched as I listened to this address and I noticed particular flashbacks come into my mind which reminded me of several times when I have been blessed with the gifts of being quick to observe and also with the gift of discernment. I am so thankful for those gifts and for a loving Heavenly Father who would help me to recognize specific ways they have blessed my life.

I am also thankful for how those gifts can help each of us to serve others as the Savior did:

"Observing and discerning also enable us to assist others who are seeking to obtain the path and who desire to press forward with steadfastness in Christ. Blessed with these spiritual gifts, we will not lose our way; we will not wander off; we will not be lost. And we can hope to obtain the supernal gift of discernment and its light of protection and direction only if we are quick to observe. As Alma taught his son Helaman, “See that ye take care of these sacred things, yea, see that ye look to God and live” (Alma 37:47)." ( David A Bednar, "Quick to Observe,")  BYU Devotional May 10, 2005)

Be Inspired,
Janelle Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails