Saturday, August 9, 2014

August Mini Mission: "Be Still"

I felt like taking a picture of many things simply undone. A sink full of dishes, and waffles left stuck on the waffle iron were just the tip of the iceberg yesterday, since there was so much I did not get completed.
As I thought about my messy house this morning and the endless to-do list would not leave my mind, I got up to study the Relief Society Lesson for this week   ( Teachings of President Joseph Fielding Smith chapter 14: The Gift of the Holy Ghost) and finally felt peace begin to return to my heart. I was reminded to be still. If I sincerely ask my Father in Heaven what His will is for me today,  and stay still enough to listen to the Spirit,  then I can know what really does need to be on the to do list.
Ultimately there is only one thing on that list: "Be still, and know that I am God" (Psalm 46:10)
Be Inspired,
Janelle Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails