Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Simply Undone: Elementary School Play

My daughter had two things scheduled on the same night (it is starting already in the second grade). My husband said to give her the choice of which to do. When she chose her Faith in God Activity, I was tempted to encourage her to choose the school play she had worked so hard on. But these thoughts came into my mind: "Which is truly more important. What will happen in her future if you discourage her in her own choices? What are you teaching her by encouraging her to choose school over church activities?" Needless to say, I did not encourage her to change her mind. I supported her in her decision and within my heart, I thanked God for a little daughter who is a good example and for the inspiration which came to help me as I strive to be a good Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails