Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Simply a Supermom: Rachel

Dear Friends and Family,
I just love Sundays! Not only because of the mad scramble to get to church in one piece 20 minutes late while trying to remain cheerful so your children like church. It's not only the cheerios dumped on your lap, or the diaper change needed right after you sit down. It's not just the wonderful messages about how mothers are wonderful, and how being a parent is the best job in the whole world. It's not only the opportunity to feel like a family when your child is screaming "Mommy, Mommy!" in Nursery, and you can just leave them in the capable hands of the nursery leaders. And it's not just because your son is the one that requires one of the Primary Presidency members to sit next to him at all times so he doesn't kick the seat of his brother in front of him.
No, I like Sundays because of the warm fuzzy feelings I have of serving.

And it's not just because of the exercise I get doing jumping jacks for singing time. It's because of the sustaining power of the spirit to know that if you're trying to be like Jesus, you're in the right place, and that Jesus has given us the commandment to be perfect. That gives me great hope. If he commands me to do something, then I can do it. That means, someday, some how, I will be perfect! I'm sure it will not be until after I'm resurrected, but I'm not giving up yet! I'm going to try, try, try to be like Jesus until the moon falls down. Then, after that I'm sure it will be easier.
So, although Supermomhood may seem so far away, I'm going to keep trying as all these feelings of missing my old ward, chaos in my home, panic to paint before the carpet comes, and keep everybody happy and safe at the same time come crashing down, I'm going to cling brightly to hope. I have hope in eternal life. Not as a last resort without my faith, but it is because of my faith that I have hope, that someday I will be perfect.
In the meantime, I will just enjoy being me, and as David does when he misses the ball, I will laugh at my imperfections because they are an opportunity to grow.
This week we have attempted to paint with all three boys. It's a good thing we're replacing the carpet. David stuck his whole hand in the paint, and said, "Hand? Hand?"
Happy Parenthood, in whatever capacity you may be doing it- mothering a friend, a mother or your own children. It's all worth it.
Love,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails