Wednesday, October 15, 2014

September and October Mini Mission: Cacoon my Mistakes

While catching up on hand washing 2 days of dishes because of a broken dishwasher and listening  to my Hilary Weeks Station on Pandora, Julie Yardley's song "You Can Change"  really brought a message unto my heart. I knew how to summarize  the goal I have been working on in order to help me hold onto hope (my 2014 yearly goal). In the chorus Yardley sings:

"wrap your mistakes in a Cacoon and emerge a butterfly."

This year I was diagnosed with ADHD and began to constantly question my past and present actions and things I have said to people.  I have been asking myself "if there is something so wrong with my brain, how many things have I done wrong that I didn't  even know about, especially  how many other people have I inadvertently hurt or offended in some way?"  The last few weeks I have finally started  to come to terms with this ADHD challenge, accept it as part of my life, and move on from the worries about my past. 

I am learning that I cannot be one the beautiful butterfly I am meant to be without first living in  Cacoon of many mistakes and weaknesses, but someday  I really will be  able to emerge from that Cacoon and emerge a butterfly.

What mistakes can we wrap in a Cacoon today?

Be Inspired,
Janelle Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails