Friday, February 1, 2013

Family Friendly: Hard and Happy Work

My Sweetheart read an article called "A Heart Filled with Love" by President Henry B. Eyring from this month's Friend Magazine as we were all together helping our girls get prepared for bed.  One sentence in the article really found a place within my heart: 

"It was hard and happy work."

All of us had been given a larger load that day as both of the girls were feeling sick and I had worked extra long hours that day in trainings and paperwork relating to the Music Therapy services I help to offer to children with developmental delays and their parents.  Sometimes it is very hard to come home and keep my patient and happy heart with me as there is still so much to do before I can turn in for the night. I had been feeling particularly inadequate in knowing how to do all the things it seems are always required in my many different roles.

"It is OK that it is hard.  It is also happy work.  It is God's hard and happy work."  The feelings came as words engraved into me as the Spirit gave me a feeling of peace along with the teaching moment.

I am so thankful for each day as a part of Heavenly Father's Family and my own little family.

Be Inspired,

Janelle Joy


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails