Friday, October 23, 2009

I finished the "Miracle of Forgiveness"

I am so happy to have completed my goal to read the "Miracle of Forgiveness" by Spencer W. Kimball. I first started it as a teenager when my seminary teacher Dad suggested it would be a good book to read. I had good intentions :) but never finished it completely--and always felt badly that I hadn't whenever I heard someone mention how good that book is. This year I have been reading it for my scripture study time on Thursdays and it has taken a while to complete but was so worth it. What a great book.

Here is one of my favorite quotes from p. 362 in the last chapter:
There is a glorious miracle awaiting every soul who is
prepared to change. Repentance and forgiveness make a brilliant day of
the darkest night. When souls are reborn, when lives are changed--then
comes the great miracle to beautify and warm and lift. . . And such great miracles will never cease so long as there is one person who applies the redeeming power of the Savior and his own good works to bring about his rebirth.

I am so thankful that I know that Jesus Christ lives. I know that he came to earth to live as the Great Example to guide the way for all of us to follow and to also suffer for our sins, die and then be resurrected. Because he did those things, we can all find peace and direction in our lives and have the option to change and repent and become better people. We will live again after we die. I know that when he suffered for my sins he also experienced my personal sorrows and challenges and all other emotions and experiences I deal with so that he can always know perfectly how I feel and how to help me. I know he loves me and is always there for me. I love him and am so thankful for him.

See also: Richard G. Scott "To be Free of Heavy Burdens"

and "Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Spencer W. Kimball" chapter 4

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails